Just as I was feeling discouraged because the magazines and such say you should be following commands and signing by now and it just wasn't seeming like you were "getting it" ... "it" clicked!
Right now you are pretty proficient in "put the bean bag in the bucket" and "give the bean bag to Mommy." You also will "roll" and "throw" the ball to your Daddy or me when we ask you to or when you are ready to play. I use "" because rolling and throwing are actually really cute hand offs or tosses that go backwards. You haven't quite figured out the release function. :)
You also obey when you are told that, "We do not eat books. Please do not put the book in your mouth."
My favorite is, "Pick out a book and bring it to me and I will read it to you." You smile, crawl the happy-elephant-swaying-trot over to the shelf, get a book and then speed crawl over to me with so much barely containable excitement that you sometimes fall over. Then you crawl up in my lap and usually sit and listen while turing the pages. After we finish, you obey the command to, "Please put the book back on the shelf," only sometimes needing a little help getting the book put back. We usually repeat this a few times and then it's onto something else.
This morning you signed MORE! It was really cute....it was a half clap, half more sign but you knew what you were "saying." I haven't been super diligent with teaching signs so I shouldn't have been so hard on myself that you weren't doing any. C'est la vie...
(P.S. I realized a long time ago that I should pay no attention to those magazines and such...doesn't mean I've stopped looking...)
No comments:
Post a Comment