I'm thankful for cell phones, computers, webcams, skype and airplanes that connect you to those far away sometimes instantly, sometimes in a few hours.
I'm thankful for my husband's job not only because it provides for our family but also because it provides us with health insurance and allowed us to use a midwife practice that delivers in a hospital
I'm thankful for a normal, healthy, pleasant pregnancy and that I was able to have the labor and delivery I hoped for-no unnecessary intervention and a healthy baby and mama. My husband was (is) amazing and my Midwife and nurse were awesome! I hope to do it all over again a few more times...later. :)I'm thankful for a healthy baby. Even the first few days with the jaundice issues are only memories now. Twice we had to go to the lab at the Children's Hospital and I found myself weeping as I held my sweet baby so tight and thanked God for his health and prayed He would hold closely the parents and children surrounding us.
I'm thankful for baby chatter, smiles, laughter, head lifts, snuggles, eye contact, play, watching him learn new things...and even to sometimes have sleep interrupted, meals rushed and life in general made a bit more difficult by a baby in the house.
I'm thankful for a Sovereign God who is good and does good...who has ordained all of our days so we need not worry...I'm working on understanding this better-I still check to see if the babe is breathing no less than 18 times during the day and night. :)
I'm thankful that my son has grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends who are crazy about him and very generous to him with each aspect of their lives.
I'm thankful for digital cameras and a patient brother-in-law willing to take some time to try and get us a good photo that might possibly show up on a Christmas Card.
Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!
1 Chronicles 16:8
A) I LOVE your haircut - why are you always so stinkin' ADORABLE?!
ReplyDeleteB) Where does boy baby sleep in a one-bedroom apartment if not in your room?
The place where other people might eat. :) Our table is moved over a bit to the living room. It's working for now...
ReplyDeleteI just LOVE reading your blog and staying updated on your life! Miss you, Mindy!! That Baby Boy is so cute.
ReplyDeleteAwww...sweet Mindy! How did we get so disconnected and when did this beautiful little baby enter the picture? Congratulations on your precious little guy. He is so cute. I am so glad to find that you have a blog and I can have a little glimpse into your family :)
ReplyDeleteAhg- I don't know why that comments came with Mike's blog title- It's Kristen Krieg- not markets and monsters :) Love you friend!
ReplyDelete