Gramzee gave me these magnet notepads for Christmas one year. There are 12, one for every month. They go nicely on the fridge and I try to change it out every month. Well, last year, the August one was used way more than all of the others combined. Can you guess why?! We were getting ready for a certain boy to be born to us!! I cannot believe it has been already been a year. Time flies seems to be on repeat in my life.
So, this guy:
He's 11 months old.
He sleeps...usually 8ish pm to 8ish am and takes 2 2ish hour naps. I think I have talked about sleep more in the last 11 months than I have in my entire life. So thankful to have a great sleeper...we had our moments and if I knew then what I know now I would have worried and stressed a lot less about sleep.
He eats...still nursing, 3 times a day, and eats mostly what we are eating. Loves to feed himself...avocado, plums, peaches, meats, beans, squash, shredded cheese, peas, blueberries. Can put away the yogurt, cottage cheese and applesauce. Gets very excited when he sees his straw cup.
He plays...and plays and plays! Mostly wants what I am playing with/holding. Is great at playing by himself, even though he is consistently making sure I am still in sight, usually even staying close to me. Does well spending some daily play time in the pack-n-play with us out of sight.
He crawls...everywhere and fast. Also goes under chairs and tables. Tries to get under the couch, especially when he sees a toy under there, will get low and stare and "talk" to it and reach. Sometimes this is successful and sometimes it is just too far back.
He pulls up....and stands against furniture or toys, has stood by himself for a few seconds a couple of times. Usually will not stand up if we pick him up and try to get him to stand and will not "walk" with us. Does push his firetruck and the laundry basket around the room.
He chatters...dadadada, guh, gah, duh, buh. I try to "work" with him on this saying words/syllables and he just cracks up laughing.
He laughs...all the time, well a lot of the time. We play a lot of peek a boo and hide around the corner and jump out when the other is close. Both result in much laughter. I think he smiles 99% of the time. So happy!
He is still...sometimes/rarely. When he crawls into my lap and just wants to sit with me for a bit I soak it in because I know it will not last long. When I hold him on my hip he will pat me on my back and I love it. I can't believe this is the same baby that was snuggled up on my chest 11 months ago. As much as I sometimes wish I could keep him little I am excited to watch him grow.
He cries, fusses,wines and disobeys, too, don't all babies? As he gets older I see more and more that we are born sinful and pray Christ will save him and he will walk with God for many, many days. I pray his Daddy and I will understand and model the gospel....that we are sinners who have been saved and redeemed by Jesus.


Great post, Min! What a cute boy! Love that pic at the bottom!
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious boy ... you are blessed.
ReplyDeleteDelighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some serious goodness.
Splashin',
Sarah