This is the last holiday that will be your first to celebrate. I say this a lot, but it has been one fast year!
We had friends over to the pool and would you believe that it rained?! It never rains here but there we were in the pool, rain drops falling on our heads. The hut tub was the place to be at this time. We did not have a picture taking device...no surprise...but we made some sweet memories. You love the swimming pool! You practically dive in as soon as we get you close enough to it and start laughing and splashing. It might be your favorite thing in life, right now (besides me, haha). You are a champ at going under.
I've been particularly nostalgic lately, due to your quickly approaching one year birthday. You are growing up so fast right before my eyes and it seems to be the definition of bittersweet. You are such a joy. I want you to stay my little baby forever....the one who snuggles in on my shoulder and looks up at me with a sweet smile, crawling so fast with a huge smile towards me. At the same time I am so excited for you to grow and learn new things...walk, talk,throw a ball, feed yourself with fork/spoon, ride a tricycle...then a bike, learn to read, color.
Your PawPaw commonly says, "What did we ever do without you?" and, "It feels like I've known you my whole life. " I agree, Baby Boy, I agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment