Friday, 16 September 2011
One Year Old!
One theme of the last 12 months has undoubtably been...TIME FLIES. How are you already one year old?!?
At 12 months you are:
-20 pounds (I think, I didn't really pay close attention...I've come a long way from being crazy concerned about your weight) and 29 inches. I think you were somewhere around the 20th percentile.
-A chatterbox! Your voice changes when you are mad about something and I have to keep myself from laughing so not to encourage it.
-In to EVERYTHING! Whew! Keeping me on my toes, for sure.
-A cuddle bug...often I will pick you up and you will snuggle your little head on my chest and just sit like that for a minute. You are also still a shoulder baby
-Happy and smiley ALL THE TIME...unless I put you in your bed and you don't want to be there but you only cry for a bit.
-A super crawler...it is so cute! Sometimes you do this really big crawl-trot that looks like you are an elephant swaying as you take big strides with your arms. You do this with a huge smile on your face and usually gasp for air because you are laughing so hard.
-Still putting everything in your mouth...this makes me nervous as you have now ingested a piece of E's foam soccer ball and part of an insole from your Daddy's shoe. We are working with you to not put everything in your mouth.
-Eating your crib...grrr...I purchased some items to cover it and you get those off, with your teeth, of course, and play with them until you finally fall asleep
-Standing more and more and even have taken a few unassisted steps...that were actually falling stutter steps as you leave one piece of furniture (or my leg) and head toward another object.
-Kind of a biter and hitter...uh oh...we're working on stopping this.
-Learning so much!
Notable facts of your life:
We have started going to BSF and the ladies that care for you in the nursery are so warm and loving. They get so excited to see you! It probably helps that you are so easy and have no problem going to them and stay happy the whole time (so they say). This is something I prayed for before you were born...that you would be secure and comfortable in safe situations like nurseries and when we leave you with friends. (Mostly so that I would have an easier time being away from you!) The ladies think it is so cute that you dance and sway while you are playing and being held. One told me she loves how you scrunch your nose up when you smile. I would like to hide and watch you interact with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So sweet! I'm so glad that you guys are doing well. Random question- what are you studying this year in BSF? I did it for 2 years before we came over here and was wondering what this year was a few days ago.
ReplyDelete