When I lived in France, your Daddy sent me a book about hymns. Fast forward a few years later when I was pregnant with you and cleaning, I decided to try to memorize (word for word without looking) different hymns. The first one was Jesus Paid it All. Fast forward again to our first days at home with you...trying to get you to sleep, not knowing what on earth to do with a baby and I thought maybe it would help to sing to you. I only like to sing songs that I know word for word and the only one I could think of was...Jesus Paid it All. Very fitting for the moment.
As this has become an almost nightly routine there have been some nights I just did not want to sing those words and most nights that those words were exactly what I needed to hear. If there is only one thing I want you to know at the end of the day...if there is only one thing that I need to hear at the end of the day, it is this:
- I hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.”- Refrain:
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.
- Refrain:
- For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim;
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calvary’s Lamb. - Lord, now indeed I find
Thy power, and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots
And melt the heart of stone. - And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete,
Jesus died my soul to save My lips shall still repeat.
No comments:
Post a Comment