Saturday, 12 October 2013

Stitches and Glue

My son, you are a brave and strong little boy.  Here is how I know.

While playing in the cul de sac with the neighbors', Mr. Manny and Mrs. JoAnn, grandsons you were scootering along happy as could be.  When you went to scoot up the driveway, you hit the bump where the surfaces change and went forward a bit as your scooter came back on you.  As you turned to run to me, I realized it hurt more than it looked then noticed a thick stream of blood.  Uh oh.  Thankfully, there were helping hands around and I realized once again and all the more how we have hit the neighbor jackpot.  I made a few calls and the given the time of day and your young age, off to the emergency room we went.  A couple of stitches later we were on our way.  I saw God's grace all over. There was no waiting and everyone was so kind.  Your daddy met is there. You were so calm and brave and followed instructions so well. You impressed everyone with how still you were.  I am so proud of you and blessed to be your Mama.




The very next day we were off to the airport.  You were a great traveller and enjoyed the short flight up to L.A. 


As we went to board our flight to XNA, you tripped.  We quickly realized the gash on your chin needed some attention.  People offered tissues, sought ice, and alerted medical personnel.  The airport staff were quick to care for us and accommodate.  You were so calm and trusted your Dad and me so well. Again, it was all God's grace.

The decision was made for you and your Dad to head off to the hospital while your sleeping sister and I caught the flight.  I was so sad to leave you.  When we landed in Arkansas, I saw a stream of photos from your adventure.

A ride in an ambulance. 


Happy.


Glue this time.


A taxi ride that you might never remember.


Dinner and a night in a hotel provided by the airport.  They also put you two on a flight to me.  Hurry up and get here.


I hope you have some memories of this, but I hope you mostly recall God's steadfast love and faithfulness to us.  And, no more trips to the emergency room, ok?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my WORD, Mindy!!!! What a TRIP! ;) He is certainly all boy, isn't he?!

    ReplyDelete