Wednesday, 17 November 2010

2 months

Where are the last two months?!  It really seems like it was just the other day that we held The Boy Baby at 4:48 am and laughed at the days to come.  In the last 60 or so days we have definitely laughed a lot (and cried, been frustrated, thought we were terrible parents, etc).  God has been very kind to us.  We praise Him, the Giver of good, good gifts.

The 2 month numbers:
Weigh t= 10 lbs 8 oz (25th percentile)
Length = 23 1/8 in (50th percentile)
Head = 40 cm (when they first measured they said 45 cm and when the doc came in she checked again since 45 cm is a 4 month old head!)

He lifts his head SOO high and just looks around all proud of himself.
He rolls over from stomach to back and laughs at himself...or maybe he's laughing at me because I'm so excited.
He has started noticing more around him...his mobile, the toys on the bouncy seat, etc.  It's pretty cute and fun to watch him see something, you know, realize it's there.  He looks intently at it and will smile and stare. 
He sometimes can fall asleep on his own...other times (maybe most times) he needs time with mom or dad walking, rocking and singing so he can fall asleep.  And, well, sometimes I just hold him and I enjoy every minute of it because he is already growing too. too fast.  I know, I know...I'm spoiling him.  Right now I do not mind at all that he might be a cuddly lil mama's boy. ;)
He fights and fights to get one or both arms out of the swaddle before he can fall asleep.  (Unless we have rocked him to sleep and then put him down, ha!)
He is in a good 3 hour, eat-wake-sleep pattern. Most of the time...
He has sleeping 9-10 hours!!
His stretches are so cute!  His daddy likes to be the one to wake him up so he can unwrap him and watch him streeeeeetch. 
He is precious.


1 comment:

  1. Dan & I LOVE those baby stretches, too! With both of ours, we have raced to their bedroom to get to be the one to unwrap. Melt.

    ReplyDelete