Tuesday, 19 April 2011

A day

Well, today was one of those days.  We all have them from time to time, right?  I've discovered that I have a choice in how I respond and that response determines how the day continues and ends.

The parking lot in front of our apartment is being resurfaced.  The little guy's afternoon nap just wasn't happening.  The water went off...just as I was starting a load of laundry.  What?!



Loud noises and fumes+no water+baby that needs to sleep but isn't sleeping=we are leaving the house.



So, we ended up here using coupons and one of us napped while the other enjoyed an outing and no fumes or trucks.



Then we strolled through some stores and bought a cute boy baby shirt for $2.61.



Then we saw the ocean.  This photo does not do it justice.  Every time I catch a glimpse of the ocean it literally takes my breath away.  Still.  And, I am really blessed to get to see the ocean a lot.  Wow.  God created the ocean and saw that it was good.  I agree.



Then we picked up our vegetable box.  Asparagus, zucchini, strawberries and many more goodies.



We came home to water, a rested baby and many other blessings.  This was a good day.

4 comments:

  1. THIS means you are an awesome mom! Flexibility is THE key to enjoying life with littles, and I am not always as successful at it as you were today! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of the two of you... it's good to document these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job, little mama. Levi is so blessed to have you for a mama and Mike for his dad. Gramzee

    ReplyDelete