Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Peek-a-boo

Just a little memory that I do not want to forget.
We went to dinner the other night.  I took extra food and toys to attempt to occupy my boy for the entire time.  Gone are the days of him snoozing in the car seat while we enjoy dinner out.  He ate all the food and the only thing entertaining about the toys was watching them drop to the ground.  We were ordering dessert and he was getting antsy.  I saw an unused napkin, unrolled it and tossed it on his head.  After a few giggles while he was trying to get out from under it he was quite captivated by the cloth.  Problem solved.  He was happy, the adults were chatting and dessert was yummy.  A few minutes later, I looked over and saw that he had the napkin in both hands stretched out in front of his face.  He slowly brought it down and when saw me watching, gave me a smile and covered his face again.  He was playing peek-a-boo!  He then became the center of attention and for the next 2-3 minutes enjoyed raising and lowering that napkin for everyone's delight.  Of course, no camera was available...rookie mistake. 
Wow.  My baby is growing up. 

1 comment:

  1. love it! and great idea we haven't played with a napkin yet. i always ask for a plastic to-go cup and that does the trick- i'm gonna use the napkin next time!

    ReplyDelete